This has been another busy year for PRIMET!
We helped with some specific data supply problems for individual members and also carried out a wide range of activities which were aimed at promoting a good relationship with the public sector, as well as building the membership to make our voice stronger.
Here are some of the highlights:
- Two face-to-face meetings with ECOMET in Brussels and Budapest
- Wrote to all NMHSs in Europe to encourage support for changes to EUMETSAT and ECMWF data policy
- Participation in WMO Commission for Aeronautical Meteorology (CAeM-16), Exeter
- Exhibitor at EMS2018, Budapest
- Conference Session at EMS2018, Budapest
- Meeting with Director of US National Weather Service
- Participation in Annual Meeting of International Forum of Meteorological Societies (IFMS)
- Participation in Global Weather Enterprise Conference (GWEC-2018), Amsterdam
- Wrote to all NMHSs in Europe to highlight pricing anomalies for SYNOP data
- EUMETSAT announces major change to its Data Access Policy
- ECMWF makes forecast model Boundary Conditions available
- Appointed Karl Gutbrod as new Director for PRIMET Ltd
- Welcomed 5 new Members to PRIMET
The importance of a the public-private sector relationship in meteorology is being highlighted through GWE events and the WMO Congress in June next year will be a major forum for this discussion to progress. PRIMET will stay at the centre of this activity and we welcome feedback and support from our Members.
GENERAL SECRETARY, PRIMET